Monday, November 12, 2007

Your Middle Name Says a Lot

I had been tagged a while back by RDL for this little exercise, and I'm only now able to get around to it. As the rules require, I'll start by posting the rules for the game:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So, let's see how this goes (not sure that I'm about to do this correctly, but at any rate...):

W: Wary of a lot going on around me -- of things that might threaten my family; of people on the street who seem just a bit off-center; of other drivers.

A: Awed by a lot of things in life: watching my children every day; being married almost 11 years; good music; good literature; good film; beautiful architecture; natural beauty; religious thinkers and speakers. I'm awed by a lot, come to think of it.

Y: Young at heart, but not in the traditional sense of acting like I'm 16 all over again. For me, it's more that I cherish memories from when I was young and draw strength from going back to those places and seeing those friends from time to time.

N: Neat-freak; my wife might argue compulsively so -- alphabetizing and categorizing my books and albums, wanting everything put back in the exact spot from which it came, etc. Of course, with two small children this is nearly impossible.

E: Emotional, particularly during a good movie or television show that's tugging on the heart-strings. And I was an absolute mess when I read "Tuesdays with Morrie," particularly since a friend had given it to me right around the time one of my grandfather's had passed away and I had had to say goodbye to him after a visit knowing that it would be the last time I would see him.

As for who I'm going to take, I'll have to give this some thought; don't know many folks who blog and whose name starts with Y!!

2 comments:

rdl said...

Nice post!!
I guess i didn't read the rules right (what a surprise), i just tagged 5 random people.
I loved "Tuesdays with Morrie". My 13 yr. old just read his other book - "The five people you meet in heaven"- they watched the movie in school and he said he wanted to read it. I was going to buy it for him that day and I found it at our local "book shack" at the dump that same day. Now i have to read it.

ipanema said...

I love Mitch Albom's books. They're beautiful! I think I have re-read them all. I've watched Tuesdays on Hallmark Channel last year I guess.

So that's your W. :)