Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Vacation from My Vacation

Just a very quick post in advance of our family trip to Chincoteague for a few days. We've timed it so that we won't be there in the midst of the chaos involved with the annual running of the ponies, but rather will have an opportunity for slow boat rides around the island, good seafood, good beer, and some very valuable family time.

It's also a vacation for me -- from the vacation I've already been on for a few days. Without a doubt, it's very frustrating to take 10 days off from work and spend the first four of them doing housework, just to catch up. I will never cease to be amazed with how much work like this piles up, and there's never anyone home to mess it up!

I'll be back in a few days with some thoughts on the trip, some pictures of the scenery, and some reflections on some sermons by Paul Tillich and Barbara Brown Taylor I am currently in the middle of reading.....

No comments: