Wednesday, September 20, 2006

News from My House

Well, I haven't had much time at all to post lately, but did want to make mention of some exciting news that our family got today. We've known for a while that child number two is going to be joining the household in February, but it wasn't until today that we found out what it will be: a second daughter!! That's two little girls who will be running around the house (my wife has already warned me about all of the high school hormones that are going to hit poor daddy at once), and -- for those who know my family and may be keeping track -- that's going to be six granddaughters for my parents.

We're all very happy and excited that things are looking good for her, and are looking forward to a healthy little girl in February. If there is any one thing that's a disappointment, it's probably that my first daughter is not getting the dinosaur that she thought she'd be getting when she saw the last ultrasound image.

In the long run, though, I really do think she'll prefer a little sister to follow in her footsteps and look up to her -- rather than a tyrannosaurus chasing in her footsteps!!

6 comments:

God's Woman said...

Ah, Matt, a house full of girls! Welcome to my world!

It's not just the hormones you deal with--BOYS start showing up.

Thanks for stopping by--my posting has been inconsistent lately due to full time student status, etc.

Babies any day a better one...

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you how happy and proud I am that you and that wonderful wife are going to have another little girl. As one of the grandfathers, I am really looking forward to spoiling another granddaughter. I can honestly say that they are all GRAND and I'm sure the next will be just as grand as the first! In spite of all the boys showing up later on, be sure to enjoy the attention you will receive from the girls while they're young - and be sure to give them the attention they deserve! My love to you all!

karen said...

Matt, congrats!! You'll have a household full of women...I've got one full of men. It's all wonderful!
I could probably box up all the dinosaurs here to send on to ya!
;-)

rdl said...

Congratulations!! that's wonderful news.

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! Just want to register my congratulations here on the blog (though I already sent an email). What fun.

Julie

Kelly said...

As the mom of two girls, now hurtling towards their teen years, I can tell you that you are in for a fantastic ride! My girls couldn't be more different, yet they are each uniquely feminine in that mysterious, wonderful way that makes girls so much fun to raise. Congratulations to you and your family!