Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Wheels are Starting to Turn

Now that I've been "off" vacation for four days now (and have had a much busier week at work than I was expecting), I can feel the little gray cells (as they were dubbed by Hercule Poirot) starting to churn out something remotely resembling coherent thought. I've got a rather lengthy post on religion and government that I've been mulling over for a bit that I'm going to tackle in the next few days -- stay tuned!

In the meantime, I found a remarkable quote from Archbishop Desmond Tutu, taken from his acceptance speech following receipt of the Marymount University Ethics Award in 2004:

"Anyone who has a modicum of theology will know that no one is ordinary. Everyone is quite extraordinary... For what is a leader in any case without followers? And so I usually say if you stand out in a crowd, it is really because you are being carried on the shoulders of others.."

No comments: